NUMMY FOR MY TUMMY: GLUTEN-FREE PEANUT BUTTER & BANANA CAKE

6/16/14

GLUTEN-FREE PEANUT BUTTER & BANANA CAKE





Let me start this off with...
"Sometimes I like to make quick and simple gluten-free desserts and sometimes that requires me using something out of a box"

Go ahead, take a moment and gasp in terror if you must, but it is what it is and that's that. 

I'd love to say that everything I make is from scratch, but with my work and life schedule I sometimes resort to using the "bad" stuff.  Betty Crocker has been my friend for years and I've had a really hard time ending the relationship.

So, if you're incredibly anti using packaged goods then stop reading now because this recipe is most definitely not for you...sorry.  However, I have tons of other things you can try, just checkout my recipe page

Gluten-Free Peanut Butter and Banana Cake






What would you add to this to make it even better? 
Some grape jelly or chocolate sauce?





INGREDIENTS: 
  • 2 large bananas
  • 1/2 c. almond milk (or milk of choice)
  • 1 box Betty Crocker Gluten-Free Yellow Cake Mix
  • 1 16oz. jar smooth peanut butter (or Sunbutter)
  • 2/3 c. carbonated water (unflavored)
  • Chocolate for garnish (optional)
INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F and grease cake pan
  2. Blend bananas and almond milk together until smooth
  3. In a large bowl combine cake mix and banana puree, using an electric hand mixer combine until smooth
  4. Add peanut butter 1/2 cup at a time, blending thoroughly 
  5. Add carbonated water and combine until smooth
  6. Pour into cake pan and bake for 25 minutes or until center is cooked through
  7. Sprinkle with grated chocolate or chocolate sauce (optional)


This recipe is linked to Gluten-Free Wednesdays


















No comments:

Post a Comment

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...