NUMMY FOR MY TUMMY: DORM ROOM SNACK MIX: guest post by Livin' and Lovin'

3/23/14

DORM ROOM SNACK MIX: guest post by Livin' and Lovin'

I'm so happy to introduce this weeks guest blogger, Kriselle from Livin' and Lovin' and beautiful lifestyle blog. Kriselle, a Southern California college student, blogs about view on fashion, faith, and food. 

Kriselle is sharing a gluten-free treat that can be made on a budget, in a snap and in a dorm room. 


GET SOCIAL AND FOLLOW 
LIVIN' AND LOVIN'


Hi, everyone! I am Kriselle from Livin’ and Lovin’ Blog, and I am excited to have “swapped” with Jess for the day! Today, I will be writing about a simple dorm room snack that anyone can make, even if you don’t have a kitchen (because I sure don’t)!
  
The recipe is really simple and used things that I found in my dorm room already and are not very hard to shop for:




Image courtesy of Livin' and Lovin'


INGREDIENTS:
  • Kettle Corn Popcorn
  • Gluten-Free Pretzels
  • Hershey’s Kisses™ 

INSTRUCTIONS:

I microwaved the popcorn and used a tub to pour it in, and I added in the pretzels right after. Depending on your preference, you can add in as many or as little pretzels as you want. I added in about three handfuls to try and balance out the mix of pretzels and popcorn.
  
Now because I don’t have my own kitchen in my dorm, my roommate and I had to be creative in melting the chocolate. If you heat it up too much or too little, you can completely ruin the consistency of the chocolate, especially since it is not made for cooking.

  
I unwrapped enough Hershey’s Kisses to fill up less than half a mug. My roommate then put the Hershey’s in the microwave for 2 minutes and 30 seconds, mixing it for a bit then putting it back in the microwave for another 30 seconds.


She mixed it until the consistency was mostly smooth and quickly drizzled the chocolate over the popcorn and pretzel mixture before the chocolate hardened.

After that, the mix was ready to eat!

  
If you want to make this recipe slightly healthier, substitute regular popped popcorn (the kind you do from scratch) for the microwaved stuff and use Dark Chocolate instead of the Kisses.  

  
If you want to see more of my foodie adventures and other ramblings from the eyes of a college student, don’t forget to check out my blog, Livin’ and Lovin’ (http://livinandlovin.com)!






OVER 75 RECIPES FOR ONLY $16.00

3 comments:

  1. Genius. Just genius. I didn't live in the dorms when I was in undergrad, but I'm sure that if I did, this would be a top snack... (and I would have gained a zillion pounds). At least I would have been satiated and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for allowing me to post for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could very well be on your way to creating a better life
    for yourself and your loved ones. It is important to register with a
    complete beginners class if you have never used a computer
    before. Any way you look at it, going back to a job equal to or greater than the one you had is not in the cards for many displaced Boomers.


    my webpage :: earn dollars from home assembly

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...