NUMMY FOR MY TUMMY: SPAGHETTI SQUASH CARBONARA

3/26/14

SPAGHETTI SQUASH CARBONARA

I feel like I've been dieting my entire life. Even when I say I'm just eating "clean and healthy" the reality is that I'm on a yet another diet. Ugh! 


Even after a 100lb+ weight loss I still have a few pounds left and find I’ll always be a work in progress. Feelin’ me? If you’re reading this I’m sure you do ;)

Now, let’s get down to business.



I’ve never been a traditional breakfast kinda gal.  Steak & eggs over sugary donuts any day.  Today I’m sharing one of my favorite breakfasts; Spaghetti Squash Carbonarra. You read that right…BREAKFAST.  This is a low carb meal that has just enough protein and fat to carry me through my mornings. Of course this can be eaten any time of day, but when you start changing your idea of what breakfast should be, it will open up a world of options for you.


Dairy-Free & Gluten-Free Spaghetti Squash Carbonara


INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 c coconut milk (or milk of choice)
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
  • 1/2 tsp. black pepper, ground
  • 4 c. spaghetti squash, cooked
  • 3/4 c. sweet onion, diced
  • 4 strips cooked bacon, diced
  • 1/4 c. nutritional yeast (or grated parmesan)
INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, milk, pepper and garlic salt, set aside
  2. Heat a large skillet and add diced bacon, cooking until almost crisp
  3. Add onion to the bacon and stir until onion is translucent
  4. Spoon mixture into a bowl and set aside, leaving grease
  5. Using the same large skillet, over medium-high heat, add spaghetti squash until heated and coated with the bacon grease
  6. Turn heat off  and slowly add the egg mixture to the squash, constantly tossing
  7. Add the bacon and onion mixture to the coated squash
  8. Stir in nutritional yeast (or parmesan)



            
          Sign-Up for monthly newsletters 
         and receive my FREE eBook



1 comment:

  1. Looks very healthy and yummy. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...