NUMMY FOR MY TUMMY: BREAKFAST SAUSAGE & SWEET POTATO FRITTATA

3/19/14

BREAKFAST SAUSAGE & SWEET POTATO FRITTATA

The only way I use to eat eggs were in a cake! 
When I was first diagnosed with Celiac I quickly found that going out to breakfast would be anything but enjoyable.  Most breakfast dishes at a restaurant are pancakes, waffles or eggs. Soooo gluten, gluten and yuck!

Tired of missing out I decided to grow-up (this one time) and try an egg. After lots of trial and error I found that I didn't mind it half as much as I thought I would.

Now, a weekly meal staple is THE FRITTATA. Ooooh, how I love this glorious dish.  Eggs mixed with anything you want in the shape of a pie....awesomeness!

I usually don't have a plan for my frittatas. I chop up whatever I find in the refrigerator....so...yep that's it. Not much of a plan right? But it is that simple.

This week I had some extra breakfast sausage lying around (not literally) and decided to mix that with some sweet potato. Super basic, incredibly easy and very nutritious.

For more egg recipes visit the recipe or 21DSD recipe page.

Sausage & Sweet Potato Frittata

INGREDIENTS:
  • 8 large eggs
  • 1/2 c. coconut milk
  • 8 breakfast sausages pork, cut into 4 pieces
  • 1-1/2 c. sweet potato, diced
  • 1/2 small sweet onion, chopped
  • Sea salt and black pepper to taste
INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. In a bowl (or blender) blend eggs and coconut milk, set aside
  2. In a large skillet, thoroughly cook the breakfast sausage
  3. Remove from the skillet, but leave the grease
  4. Add the sweet potato and onion to the skillet and cook until the potatoes begin to lightly brown
  5. Pour the egg mixture onto the potatoes and set the heat to low and cook for 5-6 minutes.  Make sure the heat is not too high, otherwise the eggs will burn.
  6. Once the eggs look mostly cook, sprinkle the sausage evenly onto the eggs
  7. Place skillet in the oven under the broiler and cook on high for 5 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked.
  8. Remove from the broiler and slice.




OVER 75 RECIPES FOR ONLY $16.00



1 comment:

  1. lol,, looks like a typo - 8 DOZEN eggs ? maybe 8 or a dozen ?

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...