NUMMY FOR MY TUMMY: LATTE CHIA PUDDING

2/24/14

LATTE CHIA PUDDING

If you're anything like me, you're NOT a morning person. Honestly, I don't think of myself as much of an afternoon or evening person later. Anyway, my lack of excitement for the mornings usually means I sleep as long as I can without being late. I'm in no hurry to prepare myself a high protein breakfast to carry me through my morning, usually a mug of Bullet Proof Coffee cheers me up and gets me rev'd up to head out into the Los Angeles traffic. 




Recently, I made a batch of cold brew coffee and decided to use it for some of my favorite recipes, like Mocha Chip Cakies and now a 21-Day Sugar Detox compliant morning pudding made with chia seeds.

If you're not familiar with chia seeds, they look like poppy seeds, but once they sit in liquid they take on a tapioca quality.  Not everyone is a fan of that fish egg gooey feeling, personally I love it. They're higher in antioxidants than blueberries, packed with protein and studies suggest it may aid in weight-loss. 
So that's a win, win and win!



INGREDIENTS:
INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. Using a blender (or Magic Bullet) blend coffee and coconut milk together
  2. Pour into a large glass container
  3. Pour the chia seeds into the coffee mixture, cover tightly with lid and shake
  4. Place coffee-chia mixture into the refrigerator and let it sit for 3 hours, though overnight is best. 
For more 21DSD recipes, visit my 21-Day Sugar Detox Recipes page.




2 comments:

  1. Mmm this looks DELICIOUS! I might need to make this for breakfast :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sounds good, and super easy! does it make one serving, or two? 3 cups seems like a lot of liquid!

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...