NUMMY FOR MY TUMMY: MOCHA CHIP CAKIES

2/20/14

MOCHA CHIP CAKIES

Life has been simply chaotic this week, though there's nothing simple about chaos. Anyway, work has been hectic and by the time I get home I just want to crawl in bed with my family and watch Jeopardy and get caught up on American Idol; and that's exactly what I've been doing.



Knowing that cooking actually relaxes me, my daughter asked if I would whip up a batch of cookies BUT it had to be off the top of my head. A challenge? LOVE IT!  Ok, at first I wasn't thrilled, but the mischievous smile on her face made this a challenge I couldn't back down from. 


I had just finished a new batch of cold brew coffee and wanted to test it out, which brings us to the MOCHA CHIP CAKIES. 

A light texture, part cookie part cake - hence the name ;) The coffee flavor is very light which makes these perfect for dunking...in more coffee! YAAAAY!

Gluten-Free Mocha Chip Cookies



INGREDIENTS:

INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F and line a baking pan with parchment paper
  2. In a large bowl, combine coconut flour, arrowroot, cocoa powder, baking soda and sea salt; blend well
  3. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together coffee, eggs and vanilla 
  4. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture, stirring to remove lumps
  5. Add softened coconut oil to batter and thoroughly mix
  6. Stir in chocolate chips and top with almonds (optional)
  7. Drop in 12 spoonful's onto lined baking sheet
  8. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until centers are cooked

This recipe is linked to Gluten-Free Wednesdays






           
          Sign-Up for monthly newsletters 
         and receive my FREE eBook






1 comment:

  1. These look delicious! This may seem like a really dumb question but it's Friday and my brain isn't willing to be used anymore. Can it be any coffee or is there some reason that it needs to be cold brew? Thank you for humoring me : )

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...