NUMMY FOR MY TUMMY: TOMATO CREAM SAUCE

1/15/14

TOMATO CREAM SAUCE

Late night craving for Italian left me rummaging through my cabinets and coming up short. 
Having about a cup of spaghetti squash left and a few other ingredients I decided to "Iron Chef" it and hope for the best. 

I combined some full fat coconut milk with tomato paste, but it was missing that "cheesy" flavor I love. Having some nutritional yeast tucked away, I decided to add that to the mix- PERFECTION!


21DSD Tomato Cream Sauce
Tomato Cream Sauce over spaghetti squash
Now, there are going to be some people that scream from the mountain top that nutritional yeast is NOT Paleo, fine, but I still use it in moderation to replace dairy and love it. You can keep it out of the mixture if you want and thicken with some arrowroot or just leave it a bit soupy - no judgement.  Regardless I inhaled it and had to go buy more spaghetti squash to finish up the sauce :)

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 c. coconut milk, full fat
  • 1/2 c. nutritional yeast
  • 6 oz. organic tomato paste
  • 6 oz. water
  • 1/4 tsp. crushed garlic
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt

INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. In a medium pot combine all ingredients EXCEPT nutritional yeast and whisk together until smooth
  2. Bring to a boil
  3. Lower heat and whisk in nutritional yeast, stir for 2 minutes
  4. Spoon over pasta or allow to cool and store until ready to use

LET'S GET SOCIAL

2 comments:

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...