NUMMY FOR MY TUMMY: STIR FRIED CAULI"RICE"

1/10/14

STIR FRIED CAULI"RICE"

Being of Asian and Hawaiian decent, one of the main food groups in my family is white rice, something I miss dearly, but seem to do better without.

I'll be honest (which is just a given) "rice" made of cauliflower isn't the same. I love the sticky texture of good old processed and bleached white rice - yep! I said it!

HOWEVER, if you're looking to lower your carbs, eat cleaner or have a grain intolerance, then this is the way to go.

The amount of egg and ginger I use really depend on how I’m feeling that day and if I’m going to add additional meat to the “rice”.You're going to see that I'm fairly flexible with amounts on this recipe. Some people like lots of egg in their fried rice or love it super salty, so I leave the final amounts in your hand.


stir Fried Cauli "Rice" pictured with shredded pork
Stir Fried Cauli "Rice" pictured with shredded pork


INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 small head of cauliflower, separated in florets
  •  3 Tbsp bacon fat or coconut oil (bacon is the best though)
  •  1-2 large eggs
  •  1-inch knob of fresh ginger, grated
  •  1/2 small sweet onion, diced
  •  ¼ c. green onion, chopped
  •  2-3 Tbsp  coconut aminos
  •  Sea salt to taste (optional)
  •  Meat and/or veggies (optional)

INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. Whisk eggs in a bowl and set aside.
  2. In a food processor, pulse the cauliflower until the pieces are the size of rice (chop with a knife or use a grater if you don't have a food processor)
  3. Grate fresh ginger into cauliflower mixture (add as much or as little as you like… I add A LOT) and gently stir together.
  4. Melt the fat of choice in a cast iron skillet and add onions, cooking until almost opaque.
  5. Add the egg into the skillet and scramble into small pieces.
  6. Toss in cauliflower and stir fry so all the cauliflower is evenly covered with the grease and egg mixture.
  7. Lower the heat and cover for approx. 5 minutes.
  8. When the cauliflower is tender, but not mushy, add the coconut aminos 1 tbsp at a time, stirring in between.
  9. Add green onion and stir.
  10. Cover and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until it's at the texture you like.
  11. Add salt to taste.
  12. Top with any additional veggies or meat 
LET'S GET SOCIAL

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks breath-takingly delicious! I am most certainly going to put this on my list of TO TRY recipes! :D

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...