NUMMY FOR MY TUMMY: HONEY TOFFEE SHORTBREAD THUMBPRINTS: a guest post by The Sour Path is the Sweetest

12/16/13

HONEY TOFFEE SHORTBREAD THUMBPRINTS: a guest post by The Sour Path is the Sweetest


I'm excited to have Debbie of The Sour Path is the Sweetest guest post this week.   If you haven't already visited Debbie's site, you're in for a treat. She specializes in GAPS recipes and I'm very excited that she is sharing her recipe for Honey Toffee Shortbread - AMAZING!

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/thesourpathisthesweetest
Twitter https://twitter.com/sourpathsweet
Pinterest http://www.pinterest.com/sourpathsweet


https://www.facebook.com/thesourpathisthesweetest
Honey Toffee Shortbread Thumbprints
Image courtesy of The Sour Path is the Sweetest


I’m Debbie from The Sour Path is the Sweetest, and I love making grain-free recipes. I’m a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner, a mom, and I have a job in Special Ed.

When I first started blogging, I didn’t plan to have recipes on my site. But I found that most people with health problems want to change their diet, they just need help figuring out what to eat!

This recipe has been SO popular on my blog and in real life. Almost every time I go to a potluck, I bring these. People are very persistent about making sure they get the recipe.

The recipe blends two of my favorite things! And it only has 5 different ingredients.

Have  a fabulous holiday!


SHORTBREAD THUMBPRINTS
  • 2  cups packed almond flour (I like Honeyville)
  • 3/4 to 1 tsp sea salt (Celtic, Himalayan)
  • 1/4 cup unsalted pasture butter -or- ghee
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1 pastured egg
  1. Cream together room temperature butter or ghee and honey. 
  2. Add the egg and salt and stir to combine. 
  3. Add the almond flour and mix well. Refrigerate at least 1 hour. 
  4. Roll dough into 1″ balls and place on a cookie sheet. 
  5. Put “thumbprints” in the cookies. Sometimes the dough cracks a little when you do the thumbprint, just stick it back together . It’s because almond flour doesn’t bind like grain flour. 
  6. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes on the top rack of the oven (to prevent burning the bottom). 
Yields approx. 18 cookies.


HONEY TOFFEE

  • 1/4 cup unsalted pasture butter
  • 2 Tbsp honey (1/8 cup)
  • 1/4 tsp sea salt (Celtic, Himalayan)
  1. Put all ingredients in a sauce pan and cook on medium heat until bubbly.
  2. Turn to medium-low and continue stirring until temperature reaches 235-240 degrees. 
  3. Remove from heat and let cool for a minute. 
  4. Spoon into the thumbprints in the shortbread and let cool.
In case you’re wondering why I would use unsalted butter and then add a bunch of salt, it’s because I found that the recipe was different when I used different brands of butter.



2 comments:

  1. PERFECT addition to the holiday cookie table!! Except these are far different than all the rest :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me share on your blog, Jess :)

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...