NUMMY FOR MY TUMMY: SUNNY DAY SUNBUTTER COOKIES

6/5/13

SUNNY DAY SUNBUTTER COOKIES

There aren't many things that cheer me up after a rough day more than a surprise. After another "one of those days" I came home to a batch of Sunbutter Cookies. Zoe, my 9yr old, used a recipe I was working on and, with her dads assistance, made her mama a little treat. BEST DAUGHTER EVER!!!

These are such a basic recipe, even a 9yr old can do it! So my suggestion is to find a random 9yr old and force them to bake you cookies...go...now! ;)

Sunbutter Cookies



INGREDIENTS:
     
  • 12 oz. jar of sunflower seed butter, unsweetened (I use MaraNatha)
  • 1 c. organic coconut sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
PREPARATION:
     
  1. Pre-heat oven to 350F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
  2. Dump ALL ingredients into a glass bowl
  3. Using an electric mixture (or by hand if you want a little arm workout) blend until smooth
  4. Place 1-2 tbsp balls onto the cookie sheet, leaving 1 inch of room in between each
  5. Gently press down on the cookie, flattening it just slightly
  6. Place into oven and cook for 10-15 minutes or until brown
This recipe is linked to Gluten-Free Wednesdays and Allergy Free Wednesdays








           
          Sign-Up for monthly newsletters 
         and receive my FREE eBook






7 comments:

  1. Is it really that simple?! I love recipes that don't use a thousand ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thinking these might get made this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How many does this recipe make?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the size of the dough I drop on the sheet, 12. You can stretch it to 24 for bite size though.

      Delete
  4. I can't have egg whites , can I just use the yolks? Or should I use the chia egg? Thanks! I love all your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just tested it out without the whites (wanted to give you something other than a guess). I used 5 egg yolks. Be sure to drain any oil that might have collected on the top.

      Delete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...