NUMMY FOR MY TUMMY: MAKE TIME FOR YOU

6/4/13

MAKE TIME FOR YOU

Sometimes finding a quiet moment all to myself is nearly impossible.  Even now,  I had to wait until my daughter was asleep and ask my husband to turn off "Kill Bill" so I could have a few moments of silence just to blog my random thoughts on me time.

Like most people, my schedule is full, but it's important for me to find time for the simple pleasures.  Without the "little things" I tend to feel neglected and resentful that I'm not taking care of "me".

Now, I know lots of people will say "I don't have the time or money for simple pleasures or for anything luxurious". You don't have to spend a dime, just open your eyes, mind and heart...they're everywhere.

Gardenia
FRESH FLOWERS  Gardenias are my favorite flower and when in season I always pick them and scatter the fragrant blooms throughout my house or even in my car, they always remind me of Oahu

IMG_0531
ART  This Mandala,  which my father-in-law painted, hangs by my front door and helps me get centered before hopping into my car for my daily commute

Bracelets
JEWELRY   I wear these Prosperity bracelets everyday to remind myself that I am prosperous and my life is full of abundance

IMG_0525
JOURNALING TIME  Either before I start my day in order to set my daily intentions, during my lunch break to decompress or at the end of the day in a warm bath to reflect, I ALWAYS make time to jot something down

IMG_0524

SWEET TREATS  I  love buying a quality chocolate and letting it melt on my tongue, savoring the flavor...before eating the entire bar!

Take time today to find 5 things that bring a smile to your face.

Not sure where to start? Here are a few suggestions...


  • Wake up 10 minutes early and practice a few yoga poses like Sun Salutation 




  • Splurge on a delicious herbal tea to enjoy mid-day




  • Indulge in some dark chocolate (maybe a glass of wine too)




  • Take a shower or bath by scented candle light




  •  Enjoy some relaxing music and give yourself a foot massage with peppermint lotion before going to bed

You need to make the time for YOU, nobody else is going to do it for you!

1 comment:

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...