NUMMY FOR MY TUMMY: DAY 5 & 6 - SUGAR DETOX

1/8/13

DAY 5 & 6 - SUGAR DETOX

After a brief germ encounter that forced me into a little R&R, I’m back to journal my Sugar Detox experience.

Let me first say this about being sick, I totally feel that my illness cleared up much faster due to the lack of sugar in my diet while I was sick, plus all the additional nourishing foods I consumed (i.e. bone broth)

Back in the day, when I had a cold and ate a conventional diet,  I would consume (in mass quantities)  ice cream, hot chocolate, hot tea & cookies and  just about any other comfort food I could get my hands on.  Since I’ve made health a priority in my life, my feelings towards food has definitely shifted,  I now use food to nourish vs. comfort.

Now, regarding the “detox”, I had a few cravings for warm apple pie a ’la mode, but being that I have celiac and gluten free apple pies aren’t a dime a dozen, I had to come up with an alternative. I made a warm Cinnamon Apple Crumble paired with a cup of coffee with coconut milk.  Ok, it’s not like eating a hot piece of pie at a diner, but it had to do….and it did. Find alternatives to the sugary junk you’re craving, have fun with it.

BREAKFAST (Saturday & Sunday)

  • Crustless Veggie Quiche

  • Slow cooked applewood bacon

  • G’mornin Muffins

  • Sauerkraut


Breakfast

LUNCH (Saturday & Sunday)

  • Shredded chicken & veggies

  • More peppermint tea


DINNER 

  • “Fried” rice  topped with chicken & veggies (Saturday)

  • Hamburger patty topped with avocado, grilled onions and prosciutto (Sunday)


Burger Time

SNACK (Saturday & Sunday)

  • Cinnamon Apple Crumble

  • Raw almonds & green apple

  • Beef Bone Broth with a meatball or two (whenever I was feeling hungry)

  • Tea Tea and MORE Tea (Roobios & Peppermint were my favs this weekend)


SUPPLEMENTS (in addition to my daily multi-vitamin)

  • L-Glutamine 5g in water sipped throughout the day

  • Vitamin A 2500 IU

  • Vitamin C 400g  every 5-6 hours

  • Zinc 15mg


Disclaimer: This website contains general information about medical conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such. I do not have any  type of medical training. Anything found on this blog is documentation of my journey and experiences only. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...