NUMMY FOR MY TUMMY: DAY 3 - SUGAR DETOX

1/4/13

DAY 3 - SUGAR DETOX

Started my morning a little late. Zoe is with her grandmother for a few more days so I’ve enjoyed my quiet time the last few mornings. I’ve spent the time doing yoga, meditating and writing, it’s been absolute bliss.  This morning I spent a little too much time meditating and had to skip breakfast at home, but luckily I keep leftovers in glass jars for a quick grab-n-go .

Beef Jar

When I got to the office the smell of cookies and chocolate  heavily saturated the office air. Luckily, the cookies weren’t gluten free and with celiac it was an automatic no-no. The chocolate, however, was super tempting, but I brought raw almonds and a green apple for such an occasion.  Not everyone’s ideal substitution, but it worked for me.  One of the other tools I use at work to avoid “temptations” is listening to the Balanced Bites, Paleo Lifestyle & Paleo View podcasts at work.

BREAKFAST

  • Lotsa coffee with raw whole milk

  • Leftover stir fry grass fed sirloin (approx. 5oz) & 1c.  veggies cooked in coconut aminos


LUNCH

  • 8oz hamburger patty w/ lots of lettuce, tomato and mayo

  • ½ avocado and ½ c cherry tomatoes


DINNER

  • Beef broth with 4 meatballs

  • Salad w/ tomatoes and lemon


SNACK

  • Green apple & almonds

  • Carrot & celery sticks

  • 2 meatballs


I feel a cold coming on, that might be the reason my appetite was lagging a bit.  Rather than working out I relaxed in my cozy bed. I’ve heard different views on working out when ill, so many people feel it will work the cold out. I on the other hand listen to my body and my body said “please nurture me”, so I listened.  Not sure why we feel the need to push ourselves, you’re not impressing anyone (just an FYI). So, I'm taking lots of vitamin C and bone broth to help stop whatever might be brewin'.

I’m finding the key to success is keeping busy and being prepared (no duh!).

Anyway, the sugar detox has been fairly simple…so far, but it is only day 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...