NUMMY FOR MY TUMMY: DAY 2 - SUGAR DETOX

1/2/13

DAY 2 - SUGAR DETOX

MENU


BREAKFAST

  • Veggie egg bake & ham

  • 1 very large cup of coffee with 1/4 cup coconut milk


LUNCH

  • Chicken salad (2 cups romain lettuce, 6 oz seasoned chicken breast, 1/2 avocado & coconut aminos)

  • Broth


DINNER

  • Spaghetti squash & meatballs (2 cups squash, 4 oz grass fed beef meatballs, 1/2 cup sugar free marinara)


SNACKS

  • 1/2 cup raw almonds

  • 1 small green apple

  • Carrots and cherry tomatos

  • Coffee w/ raw whole milk

  • Lots of herbal tea (Roobios & Peppermint)


Day 2  was only difficult because I had to take a super late lunch, 2pm to be exact. I was starving, but luckily brought almonds and veggies to snack on at my desk. With the little snacks and lots of herbal tea I made it to my lunch break without hitting the M&M's a co-worker brought in...ugh!

Got home super late, but luckily I had planned for that and was able to make a quick dinner, which I was able to eat leisurely before my Body Revolution workout.

This morning I weighed myself (forgot to do it the other night) and found that I actually lost 2lbs over the holidays. Slightly worried it's muscle tone since I really lagged on the workouts, but back on it today. However, I'm super excited I didn't gain weight like most people.  Eating a clean Paleo meal plan can really prevent weight gain, as long as you stay away from paleo "treats" (gluten free cookies, muffins, brownies non dairy ice cream etc).

In addition to the sugar detox, I've decided to take things 1 step further and CLEAN MY KITCHEN. Removing all antinutrient foods as well as other harmful items I never gave a second thought. My husband thought I was nuts, but loves the extra cabinet space we now have in our tiny kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...