NUMMY FOR MY TUMMY: DAY 1 - SUGAR DETOX

1/2/13

DAY 1 - SUGAR DETOX

My family wasn't quite ready to jump onboard with my detox, so I made some adjustments to my meal plan to accommodate foods they wanted too.  Zoe, my daughter, is noted in pink & Darren, my husband, is noted in blue.

MENU


BREAKFAST

  • Sauerkraut 

  • Bacon (Organic Applegate Beef Frank for Zoe)

  • 2 egg whites (cooked in the bacon oil)

  • 1 very large cup of coffee with 1/4 cup coconut milk


LUNCH

  • Large bowl of meatballs and broth 


DINNER

  • Turkey slices, avocado & veggies wrapped in lettuce (2 slices of bread for Darren)

  • Carrots, celery & cherry tomatos


SNACKS

  • 1/4 cup raw almonds

  • 1 small green apple

  • Roast beef slices & Celery

  • Coffee w/ raw whole milk


Day 1 was fairly easy, especially since I had trashed all the sugary foods from the New Year party we had the night before.  I was so busy with housework that I didn't give myself any time to sit around and crave food.

The biggest problem I faced was the family (aunts, uncles, cousins etc) dinner.  There were platters of cookies and cakes everywhere.  My mom even went out of her way to make sure they were gluten free. I had to decline, but asked her to freeze some for the future.

Day 2 I will be back at work.  My job is a desk job with very little walking, but I've already packed my lunch with additional snacks incase I get any cravings.

Day 1 down...20 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...