NUMMY FOR MY TUMMY: CARAMEL CREAM CHEESE DIP

4/6/14

CARAMEL CREAM CHEESE DIP

DISCLOSURE: I am a member of the Collective Bias®  Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser.


easter, recipe, warehouse store, smart and final, #choosesmart


Easter is right around the corner and I've decided to try a new gluten-free recipe for this years party.  My family (I'm talking aunts and uncles) tends to be turned off by the idea of anything "gluten-free", unfortunately for them, that's all I cook. 

So while I was at the grand opening of the new Smart and Final in midtown Los Angeles right off Pico (for all you locals), as part of a #CollectiveBias project, I decided to browse the aisles for inspiration. I'm a huge fan of Smart and Final, they provide a solid quality product at a great value. When it comes to party foods I tend to #ChooseSmart and shop Smart and Final. 

It didn't take me long to decide to make a Caramel Cream Cheese Dip. A ZERO gluten treat that nobody will think twice about eating. Pluuuuuus by using it as a fruit dip people will be a bit more drawn to it. 

Can't wait to yell "IT'S GLUTEN FREE - TAKE THAT!!!!" once it's all gone! 


easter, recipe, warehouse store, smart and final, #choosesmart
Add caption

INGREDIENTS:
  • 16oz. cream cheese (I used First Street)
  • 3/4 c. caramel sauce
  • 1 c. chopped peanuts (I used First Street)
  • Granny Smith apples 
easter, recipe, warehouse store, smart and final, #choosesmart

INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. Place cream cheese in a medium mixing bowl and, with an electric mixer, mix until soft
  2. Add 1/2 c. caramel and continue to mix until well blended
  3. Place the mixture into the refrigerator for at least 2 hours
  4. Scoop the mixture onto a serving platter and mold into the shape desired
  5. Cover the cream cheese with the remaining 1/4 c. caramel
  6. Gently pat the nuts onto the caramel cream cheese
  7. Refrigerate until ready to serve
easter, recipe, warehouse store, smart and final, #choosesmart





This recipe is linked to Gluten Free Wednesday Blog Hop





           
          Sign-Up for monthly newsletters 
         and receive my FREE eBook






4 comments:

  1. When I was a kid, we would go to my Aunt's for many holidays and she would always make some kind of cheese ball. It brings back so many memories to see a cheese ball recipe. I forgot how much I love them. Will have to remedy that soon. #Client

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very yummy! We love cream cheese in this house, so I can tell this dish would be an instant hit! Thank you. Stopping by from SITS fb page Easter posts link up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good! And easy. And you don't have to have a ton of ingredients. Which I love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great combination! I would have never thought of those two ingredients together, lol Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...