NUMMY FOR MY TUMMY: CHOCOLATE MACAROONS

2/7/14

CHOCOLATE MACAROONS

During the holidays, my grandmother would spend hours baking treats with so much care and love - I did not inherit that trait. I looooove to bake, it's incredibly therapeutic, but I'm more of a quick-n-dirty kinda gal and love to work off of recipes I already have.

This is based off my original SIMPLE-E DELICIOUS MACAROONS but with chocolate, because everything is better with chocolate.


Chocolate Macaroons

INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 cups dates , pits removed (soaked for at least 1 hour)
  • 2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
  • 2 tbsp vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup dark chocolate (optional for dipping)

INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. Pre-heat oven to 350F
  2. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
  3. Place dates in food processor and mix until smooth.
  4. Once dates are smooth, add remaining ingredients EXCEPT DARK CHOCOLATE and mix until well blended
  5. Place 1" ball of macaroon batter onto baking sheet, bake for 30 minutes.
  6. Allow them to cool before dipping in melted chocolate.
  7. Makes 2 dozen cookies


4 comments:

  1. Hi nummyformytummy,

    I have just sent you a message through email regarding our project.
    We MyTaste.com one of the biggest recipe search engine in United States and in the world, would like to invite your blog to be featured on our site and make your recipes available to many people.

    If you like it, you can join through this link www.mytaste.com/add-your-food-blog.

    This is one way to share your recipes to the world and it can also help you to increase your blog traffic.
    Full information has been sent to your email.

    For any questions: info@mytaste.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look sooo yummy! Food bloggers make me angry. Because they make me hungry. And I get angry when I'm hungry. It's kind of a compliment ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never tried making macaroons but these look easy enough! Sounds super yummy too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love macaroons. And you are right, everything is better with chocolate. These look great.

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...