NUMMY FOR MY TUMMY: CREAMY TOMATO SOUP

1/1/14

CREAMY TOMATO SOUP

One of the things I miss the most about not being able to eat gluten is Campbell's Tomato Soup.  It was definitely a quick and easy comfort food which I thought was nourishing my body, but instead was making me sicker. 

Over the last couple years  I've tried some recipes, but nothing that was as quick and simple as just opening that red and white labeled canned - until recently. 



Gluten-Free & Dairy-free Creamy Tomato Soup


INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 c. coconut milk, full fat (see below)
  • 6 oz. organic tomato paste
  • 6 oz. water
  • 1/4 tsp. crushed garlic
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt

INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. In a medium pot combine all ingredients and whisk together
  2. Bring to a boil
  3. Pour in a bowl and eat

Natural Value is one of my favorite coconut milks to use. They do not add guar gum as a thickener and the cans are BPA free. You can buy (12 cans) on Amazon using link below.  Several stores carry it as well. Click HERE to see where you can buy it locally.



5 comments:

  1. Thanks! I made this today. I was going to make pot roast, but life got in the way! This was so quick and easy. I just doubled the recipe to feed us all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does it taste coconutty? Is there a brand of coconut milk you recommend without added icky ingredients?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter HATES coconut and will eat this soup. I think a great tomato paste and the right coconut milk make all the difference. I use a Whole Foods Organic paste.
      I've updated the post to show which coconut milk I use as well as links to get some yourself. :)

      Delete
  3. Do you use this coconut milk for all of your recipes? Or do use different thickness / fat content?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you use this coconut milk for all of your recipes? Or do use different thickness / fat content?

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...