NUMMY FOR MY TUMMY: BAKED APPLE 'N ALMONDS

1/29/14

BAKED APPLE 'N ALMONDS

For some, dessert is thought of as an occasional after meal treat, but for my family it's just a given and final step for the day. For the most part I really think we eat like Hobbits; breakfast, 2nd breakfast, elevenses, luncheon etc. Of course, our meals are never as extraordinary as those found in the Shire, though I am toying with the idea of Black Pudding. 

Just caught my mind drifting off thinking of Legolas <siiiiigh>. Ok, back to reality!

Since we looooove our desserts, it's important that I try to keep them as clean and healthy as possible. Chocolate cake every night would be amazing, but just a bad idea.

Just caught my mind drifting to a huge slice of cake mmmmmm!

Keeping desserts not only clean, but quick is a definite must in my kitchen and Baked Apple N' Almonds is my dessert in a pinch. One of my favorite things about this treat is that my 10 year old daughter can help me make it with little supervision and she is quickly owning this one. 

Wanna Un-21Day Sugar Detox it? Instead of 4 servings this can become 2 with a big old scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. Minor changes can make things glorious!
21 Day Sugar Detox Apple Dessert

For more 21DSD recipes, visit my 21-Day Sugar Detox Recipes page.














INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 large green apple
  • 3/4c. sliced almonds
  • 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
  • 2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp ground clove
INSTRUCTIONS:

  1. Pre-heat oven to 350F
  2. Slice and dice green apples
  3. In a medium bowl, combine apples with remaining ingredients and mix well
  4. Spoon into 4 ramekins
  5. Place ramekins on a baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes, or until brown





           
          Sign-Up for monthly newsletters 
         and receive my FREE eBook



No comments:

Post a Comment

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...