NUMMY FOR MY TUMMY: CRISPY LEMON-ROSEMARY CHICKEN

12/5/13

CRISPY LEMON-ROSEMARY CHICKEN

I'm really big on quick meals. As much as I adore cooking and find it incredibly therapeutic, I still enjoy getting home from work and just relaxing. Unfortunately, sometimes quick meals lack pizzazz and, though I hate to admit it, don't have that touch of love and caring that goes into some meals.

This chicken thigh recipe is actually a fairly quick meal to make and fools my family into thinking it's fancy and labor intensive. It's all about perception I suppose. 

Now, I know I'm going to be asked if the almond flour can be substituted and the answer is yes, but with what is dependent on what kind of meal plan you follow. I don't suggest coconut flour, it just doesn't cook right. Gluten-free corn flakes or pretzels work pretty well though. However, just skip the almonds all together and have a lemon-rosemary chicken thigh, it will still come out crispy.

Regardless of how you coat it I hope you enjoy!



 Gluten-Free Crispy Lemon Chicken



INGREDIENTS:
  
  • 4 Chicken thighs - skin on
  • 3 tbsp Lemon juice
  • 3 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/2 c Almond flour - fine ground
  • 1 tbsp Salt
  • 1 tbsp Rosemary - crushed
INSTRUCTIONS:

  1. In large bowl, mix together lemon juice and oil and rub into chicken. Be sure to get under the skin. Cover and marinate for at least 2 hours.
  2. When ready to cook - Mix remaining ingredients in a small bowl
  3. In a lightly greased cast iron skillet, over medium heat, arrange chicken portions skin-side down and cook for 7-10 minutes, then turn chicken portions over.
  4. Sift the seasoned flour over the chicken skin and cook for an additional 7-10 minutes or until crisp and golden and juices run clear.



COMMENT:  To get the golden brown look, place the cooked chicken in the broiler (skillet and all) for approx. 5 minutes. Also, when cooking the chicken in the skillet, it's helpful to place another cast iron skillet or a lid over the chicken to help minimize any splatter clean-up.

3 comments:

  1. I love nettles. When I lived in Genova we made them into green pasta rlrulagey. Don't forget to dry some to crumble into soups, omelettes and to make into overnight infusions. I throw them into spaghetti sauce, infuse vinegars to bring up the mineral content and throw them into most everything. The fresh nettles can be marinated in olive oil with garlic and tamari, which wilts the stingers enough to eat them raw.In fact just keeping them standing in water causes the spines to wilt. I pick long stems for urtication, usually picked barehanded (more about that below) and if I let them sit around for too long they don't work. The sting you get is so tepid that it doesn't make a decent counter-irritant.And my grandmother taught me that If you grasp a leaf firmly that you push down the irritating hairs and don't get stung. It is the mindless brushing up against the plant that causes the sting. So engage with your nettles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I'm making this. I love rosemary!

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...