NUMMY FOR MY TUMMY: ALMOND JOY CHEESE(LESS) CAKE

8/26/13

ALMOND JOY CHEESE(LESS) CAKE



As a kid, week after week I would watch the Golden Girls gather around a table, gossip and devour some flavor of cheesecake.  It always looked so good, yet I've never been a huge fan of the slightly sour taste some cheesecakes.  That is exactly why I've always enjoyed Raw cheesecakes...google it :) 

This dessert combines 3 of my favorite things, coconut, chocolate and bite size food.  Bite size food makes me feel so petite...so deceptive ;) This is incredibly simple to make and refrigerates well incase you want to keep them all for you. 

IMG_1565


CRUST:

FILLING:
  • 1 c. cashews, raw (soaked for at least 6 hours)
  • 1/4 c. lemon juice, fresh
  • 1/4 c. raw honey
  • 1/4 c. coconut oil, melted
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1/8 tsp sea salt

TOPPING:
  • 1 c. dark chocolate, melted
  • 2 tsp coconut oil, melted
  • 24 raw almonds, whole

PREPARATION:
  1. To make the crust, place all ingredients in medium glass bowl and using your hand, mix until crust sticks together.
  2. Press approx 1-1/2 tsp. crust into 24 lined mini muffin tins
  3. Refrigerate crust for 15 minutes and make filling
  4. To prepare filling, place all filling ingredients in food processor and pulse for 5 seconds then blend until smooth
  5. Pour filling into prepared crusts and place in freezer for 10 minutes to allow the filling to firm slightly
  6. Once filling has firmed up it'll b time to make the topping
  7. Using a double boiler, melt chocolate and coconut oil together until smooth
  8. Place 1 almond on top of each cheese(less) cake and cover with chocolate (either drizzle or cover the entire thing)
  9. Place cheese(less) cakes back in refrigerator to allow topping to harden
  10. In 10 minutes they'll be ready to eat!



 One click on this banner is a vote for me on TopMommyBlogs.com That's all you have to do.  CLICK ONCE! MAHALO! 

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. […] invited us over to watch football last night, and asked that I bring a Paleo dessert.  I found this recipe on Nummy for my Tummy for Almond Joy Cheese(less) Cake and thought they sounded delicious, fun and […]

      Delete
  2. I don't remember if I commented already or not but...OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!! Nummy for my Tummy is not even good enough to describe how wonderful these were!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Thank u and I'm glad you liked them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I served them to family for dessert Sunday night and I brought some in for my coworkers on Monday...not a negative comment was heard! Huge success!!!! Keep 'em coming!!!

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...