NUMMY FOR MY TUMMY: CARAMEL ALMOND MUG CAKE

7/31/13

CARAMEL ALMOND MUG CAKE

Once again I find myself on a Mug Cake kick. This round was triggered by an amazing and simple caramel sauce I found on Livinghealthywithchocolate.com I'm sure lots of people post recipes that are slight modifications of something great they found or just a straight up rip off, but I think you should give credit where credit is due.  Plus, I don't plan on creating my own caramel sauce when it's already been made simple for me.   

IMG_1222


INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 Tbsp coconut flour
  • 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
  • pinch of salt (approx 1/8 tsp)
  • 4 Tbsp caramel sauce, slightly warmed (makes blending easier)
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 c raw almonds, sliced

PREPARATION: 
  1. In an 6-8 oz. mug,  combine coconut flour, cinnamon and salt, mix with a fork
  2. Add the 2 Tbsp caramel and egg, stir until blended and lump free
  3. Add and stir in the baking powder and 1/8 c almonds
  4. Place in microwave and cook on medium-high heat for 2 minutes
  5. Top with remaining 2 Tbsp caramel and 1/8 c. sliced almonds
  6. EAT UP!

likemyblogbanner
 

3 comments:

  1. You had me at the word CAKE!!! YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fantastic. I will try it out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I am so intrigued by this idea. THANK GOODNESS I didn't know about this recipe in college. Pretty sure I would have lived on the stuff.

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...