NUMMY FOR MY TUMMY: BANANA CREME POPS

6/30/13

BANANA CREME POPS

I don't know about you, but I loath the heat.  Luckily I have the Zoku, which is the perfect gadget for impatient people, like myself, in desperate need of a frozen treat.   If you don't have this amazing freezing wonder, you can make popsicles the old fashion way, by using a dixie cup and popsicle sticks.  Dixie cups work just as well, just a little slower.  Check out iVillage for other ways to make popsicles. 

This is such a basic recipe and I feel slightly lazy for even posting it. It makes it look like I didn't put any thought into dessert. Fine! I didn't!  The slight sweetness of the banana disguises the coconut taste and gives this popsicle an incredibly creamy texture. Num Num Num!!!

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1/2 c banana, approx 2 (the more ripe the sweeter, but a green tipped will work if you're on a 21 DSD)
  • 1/2 c coconut creme, liquid drained
  • 1/4 tsp lemon juice
IMG_0815

INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. In a blender, puree the banana and lemon juice
  2. Add 1/2 coconut creme, blend for a few seconds until smooth
  3. Pour into popsicle molds and freeze







           
          Sign-Up for monthly newsletters 
         and receive my FREE eBook






2 comments:

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...