NUMMY FOR MY TUMMY: TROPICAL TRADITIONS GOLD LABEL COCONUT OIL

6/5/14

TROPICAL TRADITIONS GOLD LABEL COCONUT OIL





Anyone that knows me, really really knows me, understands that I'm frugal, not to be confused with cheap.  Spending money on an item just because it's popular or touted to be "the best thing ever" has never been a huge draw.

Now, if I find it truly is a superior product I will spend the extra money on it. Grass fed beef is far superior to conventional beef in my opinion.  It's much more tender, the flavor is amazing, I feel it digests better, so I will spend an extra dollar or two in order to stock our fridge with it.  On the flip side, there's yet to be a chocolate worth more than a few bucks.  I love chocolate, but I inhale the stuff not making it worth some astronomical price.  I wish I was someone who could allow it to sit on my tongue and melt while I take in all the exotic spices I'm enjoying. Alas, that will never be the case. Once again, chocolate inhaler :(

Coconut oil is something I use consistently and never thought much about buying a high-end brand.  There are a few different process in which coconut oil is made and if you want to learn more about the differences between refined, virgin, traditional and gold label coconut oils, CLICK HERE.

I've read several positive reviews regarding TROPICAL TRADITIONS GOLD LABEL COCONUT OIL. When I checked out their website and saw the price I was totally not feeling it, it's just more than I usually spend on product in a single purchase.  Usually I stock either Normally I buy Trader Joe's brand, Spectrum or Dr. Bronners, usually 14oz jars and ranging from $6.00 - $10.00, depending on what sale I come across.  Please be sure to read the disclaimer at the very bottom, I received a jar of coconut oil as a review product and DIDN'T spend money on the product. Moving on...



250x250-Gold-Label-Virgin-Coconut-Oil




When I received my QUART of coconut oil...yep...quart, I was ecstatic and really wanted to squirrel it away for something special, but very eager to try it out to see what all the hoopla was about.  So, I cooked up a few of my favorite dishes using the "high quality" stuff.

Baked Chicken Nuggs
Bulletproof Coffee 
Garlic Cauliflower Muffins 

Right off the bat the entire family noticed what the big deal was, the dishes no longer had the "coconuty" taste we have grown accustomed to, which really changes the dishes, neither good or bad, just different.  Texture remained the same, it was definitely all in the flavor.

Tropical Traditions does offer amazing deals on their products, including BOGO's and Free or Discounted Shipping.  An average 32 oz. jar averages $30.00 on their site, which is slightly more than I usually spend BUT with special offers (which they constantly have) as well as discounted or free shipping, I would say it's worth the investment IF you do not want your dishes to have a coconut flavor. If you're fine with whatcha got, then save a few bucks, but it's definitely a good product to try out at least once.



Disclaimer: Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose.  Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.  




           
          Sign-Up for monthly newsletters 
         and receive my FREE eBook




No comments:

Post a Comment

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...