NUMMY FOR MY TUMMY: HOW TO COOK SPAGHETTI SQUASH

2/10/13

HOW TO COOK SPAGHETTI SQUASH



Spaghetti squash use to sound slightly intimidating, until I made it for the first time and now I'm hooked.  I cook a squash weekly and have the "noodles" readily available for any carb fix I might need.  There are a few methods you can use to cook the squash; boil, microwave or bake, this recipe is how to bake it in the oven. On average I buy a 3-4lb squash.

Once you have your squash cooked you can make a basic spaghetti meal or try Paleo Duck Chow-Mein
HOW TO
  1. Pierce the whole center of the exterior skin all the way through until you get to the center of the squash several times with a large fork or skewer.
  2. Place in a baking dish with water coming 1/4 way up the squash
  3. Cook squash in preheated 375°F oven approximately 1  hour or until flesh is tender. 
  4. Allow the squash to cool for at least 30 minutes before carefully slicing open, there will be steam. 
  5. Scoop out the seeds from the center first, then separate "noodles" from the skin.



           
          Sign-Up for monthly newsletters 
         and receive my FREE eBook






6 comments:

  1. That's awesome! Glad you liked it! I recently cooked it and fell in love. I didn't tell my daughter what it really was and she ate it like if it was real spaghetti.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally hooked! Use it all the time, my husband is even on board with it now. 😃

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same here! I'm on a quest to make everyday regular food into lowcarb-healthy version. I've conquered spaghetti, lasagna and now last night I made mashed "potatoes" with cauliflower. Next stop is pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so much easier than cutting it in half which is what I do. It's like carving a pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always wanted to try doing this! Maybe you'll inspire me. So proud of you BFF!

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...