NUMMY FOR MY TUMMY: SKIN CARE

1/19/13

SKIN CARE

As I get older, I have time to reflect on aaaaall my mistakes. Above all,  I've really regretted all the summer months I spent in my early years lying out in the sun with nothing between the suns rays and my skin but a think layer of oil disguised as tanning cream, I've should have saved my parents money and lathered myself in cooking oil...ugh! I don't know when it happened, it literally seemed over night.  Crows feet, dark circles, brown age spots, so sexy.  When did I get old???? Is there anything vain about wanting beautiful skin? Maybe. Do I care? NO!

My great-grandmother was Hawaiian and I remember, up until the day she died, had the most AMAZING skin, so it can't be genetics. Both my grandmother & great-grandmothers skin regimen was cleansing with Ponds Cold Cream, which main ingredients are mineral oil and bees wax. My skin care regimen was a high quality, fancy department store cleanser that promised the most radiant glow and reversed aging. The ingredients included things spell check can't figure out.

In addition, I've had to now find products that do not include wheat, as I have Celiac.  Now, keep in mind, they say  gluten can not be absorbed transdermaly, but if there are tiny cuts it's possible to have a reaction and I rather not take that chance. With further contemplating and research between the difference in my regimen and my grandparents,  I found the Oil Cleansing Method .  It's a face cleansing method that uses castor oil in combination with another moisturizing oil, it's oil + cleansing, no hidden agenda there. So, I decided to give it a shot and currently finding great results. Definitely checkout the link on my site for "Skintervention" a guide to healthier skin.
thumb.php

OIL MIXTURE COMBOS (Castor Oil:Moisturizing Oil)

  • OILY SKIN 1:3

  • BALANCED SKIN 1:4

  • DRY 1:10

OILS AND BENEFITS

  • Almond Oil - Softens and reconditions

  • Avocado Oil - Conditions and helpful for those with eczema and/or psoriasis

  • Grapeseed Oil - Perfect for sensitive skin

  • Hazelnut Oil - Astringent and great for oily skin

My mixture is a 1:4 Castor & Grapeseed mixture, as I have balanced yet sensitive skin.

HOW TO

  1. Get oil mixture, washcloth, and a hand towel.

  2. Wet face with warm water.

  3. Pour about 1/2 teaspoon of oil (quarter size amount) into your palm and rub hands together.

  4. Rub fingers gently over your face in small circles for 30 seconds to 2 minutes to allow the oil to penetrate. Concentrate on areas with blocked pores.

  5. Wet hand towel with just below scalding water, wring out, and fold up to keep the heat in.

  6. Quickly wet the washcloth with super-hot-but-doesn’t-burn-your-face-off water, wring it out, and spread it over your face.

  7. Leave on until the washcloth has cooled to about room temperature and then wipe your face with the washcloth.

  8. Repeat 1-2 more times, but use the clean towel to wipe your face the second and optional third time.

  9. Moisturize with a tab of coconut oil (coconut oil is very moisturizing, antimicrobial and assists with inflammation & acne)

Skin care isn't just about cleansing and moisturizing, it's also about what you eat as well as being gentle to your body.



You-are-what-you-eat






 Processed foods are obviously not good for you in any way. When food is processed, it loses vital nutrients. When you eat processed food, you don’t get the nutrients your body needs to function efficiently. This leaves you less healthy, and it shows in your skin. If your skin cells aren’t properly nourished, they don’t look as good. Consuming mass amounts of crap, sugar and processed foods may increase inflammation in your body, which is then reflected on your skin...pretty basic info.
 BE THE BEST YOU POSSIBLE!






No comments:

Post a Comment

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...