NUMMY FOR MY TUMMY: OMELETTE ENCHILADA

1/19/13

OMELETTE ENCHILADA

Mexican food is one of my favorites, but I think I say that about everything; foodie problems I guess . Anyway, I was craving enchiladas one morning and of course not having any corn tortillas in the house, I had to improvise.  I'll be honest with you (which is a total given) I DO eat corn tortillas, hence the "mostly" Paleo. I don't have any issues with eating grains, so at times I'll partake in a high-quality product. 

For this meal I like to make sure everything is prepped before I start cooking, the last thing I want is a cold omelette.  Chicken is cooked an warmed, spices are at the ready and toppings are in a holding pattern until given the signal. 


As always this is made according to the way I like things to taste. You may want additional spices on the chicken or in the egg mixture, it's your meal so do whatcha like! Also, if you do the math it's 1 egg + 1 egg white per omelette, so adjust to how many you might need.


Grain-Free Enchilada Omelette



Makes 3 Omelettes

INGREDIENTS:
  • 3 eggs + 3 egg whites 
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • 12 oz chicken breast shredded (or 1 cup diced veggies)
  • 1 tbsp cumin
  • Enchilada sauce
  • Oil of your choice (I use bacon)
  • Avocado (amount depends on you)

INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. Warm the enchilada sauce using any method you like ( I use a microwave)
  2. Using the oil of choice, lightly grease a pre-heated skillet and warm up the shredded chicken or diced veggies and cumin, drain excess liquid.
  3. Whisk eggs and salt together in a small bowl
  4. Cook eggs as you would a very thin omelette
  5. Lightly grease the skillet again and add 1/3 of the egg mixture
  6. Swish in the skillet so that it's a thin and almost tortilla like
  7. Let one side cook thoroughly, then flip and cook the other side
  8. Set cooked omelette aside until it's time to assemble
  9. REPEAT with remaining mixture


ASSEMBLE:
  1. Add 1/3 of chicken or veggie on 1 omelette and roll so that it looks like an enchilada
  2. Repeat 2 more times
  3. Add warmed enchilada sauce on top of the omelette
  4. Top with avocado (or anything else you like)






1 comment:

  1. Do you have the enchilada sauce on your website. The link above is broke. This looks delicious. Thanks
    osubuks92@gmail,com

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...