NUMMY FOR MY TUMMY: SIMPLY DELICIOUS MACAROONS

1/31/13

SIMPLY DELICIOUS MACAROONS

These are these easiest macaroons I could possibly make, other than buying them at the store. All it takes is a food processor, an oven and 30 minutes of your time. If you want something a little richer, try my Chocolate Macaroons.  They're just as easy to make and twice as delicious. 

IMG_5622


INGREDIENTS:

  • 2 cups dates , pits removed
  • 2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
  • 2 tbsp vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
PREPARATION:
     
  1. Pre-heat oven to 350F
  2. Line baking sheet with parchment paper
  3. Place dates in food processor and mix until smooth, add up to 2 tbsp water if needed
  4. Once dates are smooth, add remaining ingredients and mix until well blended
  5. Place 1" ball of macaroon batter onto baking sheet (or whatever size you're into)
  6. Bake 20-30 minutes or until golden brown
  7. Allow them to cool before devouring them (I learned the hard way)

COMMENTS: If your dates are hard, soak them in water for at least an hour.  I soak my dates for a day and use the sugary date water for other dishes.  Also, the cookies are very sweet, but if you want a little more, drizzle the tops with dark chocolate once they are done baking.  






           
          Sign-Up for monthly newsletters 
         and receive my FREE eBook



4 comments:

  1. So easy! I saved this to try on a rainy day. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you do, let me know how it goes. I kept it simple because I don't like washing lots of dishes or using lots of ingredients on treats. Plus, I prefer to spend time with my family, so simplicity is key. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! I love macaroons but haven't made them in ages due to the refined sugars in normal recipies. This recipe is simple and delicious.
    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! so good, great paleo-ised recipe for one of my favorite types of biscuits!
    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...