NUMMY FOR MY TUMMY: BAKED CHICKEN STRIPS

6/9/14

BAKED CHICKEN STRIPS






Today I'm sharing my quick chicken strip recipe. I'm sure there are more sophisticated ways of doing this, but the way I'm about to tell you about works for me and my family. All I do is toss everything together, throw it on a baking sheet, cook and eat.  After long work hours, the last thing I want to do is spend more time than I need in the kitchen; I  much rather get to the eating. 

Gluten-Free Baked Chicken Strips

INGREDIENTS:
  • 2lbs Organic Boneless Chicken Chicken Breast  
  • 1/2 c coconut oil or bacon fat (melted)
  • 3/4 c almond flour (fine ground)  
  • 2 tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
  • Salt (to taste)
  • Homemade Catsup (optional)



INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. Cut chicken into thin strips, approx. 1/2" thick, place in a large glass bowl and set aside
  2. In a medium bowl, mix almond flour and Old Bay Seasoning
  3. Heat oven to 350°F
  4. Pour melted oil onto chicken strips and carefully coat all the pieces, being careful not to burn yourself
  5. Slowly add the almond flour to the chicken, tossing until coated
  6. Once coated, place the chicken on a foil lined and lightly greased baking sheet 
  7. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown
  8. Remove from oven and eat while warm

What kind of dipping sauce would you use for this meal?




This post is linked to Gluten-Free Wednesdays




           
          Sign-Up for monthly newsletters 
         and receive my FREE eBook






4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there - these look like a quick, easy and healthy option to feed my children. However, I'm in the UK and have no idea what Old Bay seasoning is - please can you advise what the ingredients are so I can find something similar or mix up my own version of the seasoning? Many thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try this for a make your own version of Old Bay Seasoning. :) http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/sauce-spread/marinade/homemade-old-bay-seasoning-mix.html

      Delete
    2. Yay! can't wait to make homemade Old Bay Seasoning. Thank you for sharing :)

      Delete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...