NUMMY FOR MY TUMMY: PALEO DUCK CHOW MEIN: a guest post by Paleo Catwon

12/2/13

PALEO DUCK CHOW MEIN: a guest post by Paleo Catwon





I'm so pleased to have the beautiful, funny and energetic Cat to guest post today.
I've always been drawn to her recipes due to their delicious simplicity and her lack of exact measurements, she's a girl that knows what she likes. 

First off, before you start reading this recipe you might want to familiarize yourself with a bit of Catwon-ese unless you know what a port-mushie is - or chitties for that matter. 

Be sure to follow her any way you can ;)



instagram: @catwon
facebook: PaleoCatwon
twitter: @PaleoCatwon



Gluten-Free Chowmein

After discovering the Paleo lifestyle about 2 years ago, one of the hardest things for me to cut out in the beginning was grains. I grew up eating every meal with rice. A lot of rice. Like, a lot a lot. I’m talking, I would take a large bowl, and pile that white rice on like I was trying to recreate a volcano for science class. If I didn’t have rice, I’d have noodles. Sometimes I’d even put noodles or pasta over my rice. I wish I was kidding, but I’m not.

Now that I’ve been Paleo-ing for some time, I hardly miss the rice, noodles and bread. (My real issue now is sugar, but that’s a whole ‘nother post). Even though I’ve kicked my addiction to grainy carbs, I still like to enjoy a noodle-y dish every once in a while and spaghetti squash is pretty amazing for filling that chow-mein sized void in my stomach.

I made a Paleo Duck “Chow Mein” by accident the other day. I didn’t know what to make for dinner. Looked around and saw I had a spaghetti squash, ground duck meat, a port-mushie and cabbage.

I apologize in advance because if you know me, I don’t measure ingredients so everything is a guestimate at best :)





INGREDIENTS:


Spag-Squash

      1 spag squash

      olive oil (or spray coconut oil/melted ghee works as well)
      granulated garlic pow
      black pepper
      sea salt

Chow Mein
      1 lb ground duck meat (you can replace with ground beef, turkey, bison, whatev.)
      ½ head of cabbage
      1 port-mushie
      3 individual stalks of green onions
      1 glove garlic
      ghee (or coconut oil)
      2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
      1 tbsp fish sauce (optional) [I have sugar-free Red Boat fish sauce]
      black pepper
      sea salt





INSTRUCTIONS:

Spag-Squash Cooking Instructions:
1.     Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
2.     Cut squash in half and scoop seeds out
3.     Face up, drizzle olive oil all over and sprinkle with garlic powder, black  
       pepper and sea salt   
4.     Place squash down on baking sheet and bake for 35-40 minutes (at about 
       30 min to make sure they’re not too soft - don’t want to overcook it)
5.     Remove from oven and let cool for 10-15 min
6.     Scrape “noodles” out with fork & place in large bowl





While your spag-squash is baking, you can start on the other ingredients.


Paleo Duck “Chow Mein” Instructions:


1. In large pan over medium/high heat place 1 tbsp ghee in pan
2.     Add chopped garlic and duck to the pan and cook
3.     Sprinkle garlic powder, black pepper and sea salt
4.     When close to brown, add  approx. 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (i just poured straight from the bottle so my measurements are complete BS, sorry :)
5.     Remove duck from pan
6.     Add another tbsp of ghee to the pan
7.     Add sliced port-mushies
8.     Once they are somewhat cooked, move them to the side of the pan & add sliced cabbage
9.     Sprinkle a TON of garlic powder and add another tbsp balsamic vinegar
10.  Add fish sauce (if you have it)
11.  Saute until all veggies are cooked
12.  Add ground duck back in
13.  Add chopped green onions and mix
14.  Pour ground duck + veggie mix on top of your spag squash & mix altogether



15.  Take 17 photos of your “chow mein” from diff angles



16.  Post best one on Instagram
17.  hashtag #OMNOMNOMNOMNOM #getinmahbellay



                        ITEMS USED IN THIS RECIPE 
 







   

1 comment:

  1. Cut back on costs by continuing to keep yourself residence and playing
    video games. Play online: The cause of playing online would it be involves the virtual money transfer that's risk free.

    While deviating from your norm will forever cause unrest amongst ones peers, clash of clans hack cleary plays a crucial part amongst the developing middle lessons.


    My web page :: clash of clans cheats

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...