NUMMY FOR MY TUMMY: MAPLE & PUMPKIN SPICE ALMONDS

11/20/13

MAPLE & PUMPKIN SPICE ALMONDS

I don't know what it is about Fall for me, but it seems like a time where my body wants me to eat eat eat and store up for the winter. Of course I'm totally aware that it's all in my mind, but it doesn't stop the fact that I crave sweet & spicy foods.  

One of my favorite treats to have around this time of year are Maple & Pumpkin Spiced almonds. 

WARNING  Once you eat, you can't stop!

These suckers are so delicious. Just a small handful can satisfy my Fall comfort food craving. 




Pumpkin Spice Almonds



INGREDIENTS:

  • 3 c. raw almonds
  • 2 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
  • 2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1 tsp. sea salt
  • 1/4 c. maple syrup
  • 3 tsp. vanilla extract

INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. Pre-heat oven to 315 F 
  2. Line baking sheet with foil and grease with a small amount of coconut oil (approx. 1/4 tsp) to avoid sticking
  3. While oven is pre-heating, in a large bowl combine almonds, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and sea salt
  4. Stir almonds mixture together until well coated with spices
  5. Pour maple syrup and vanilla onto the almonds and continue to stir until evenly coated
  6. Spread coated almonds onto lined baking sheet in a single layer
  7. Cook 10 minutes then flip the almonds
  8. Roast almonds another 5-10 minutes
  9. Remove almonds from the oven and allow to cool before placing into a glass container



2 comments:

  1. Just bought a brand new bag of almonds at Costco... guess what I'm making tonight?

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...