NUMMY FOR MY TUMMY: 4 SIMPLE SWEET POTATO RECIPES

10/21/13

4 SIMPLE SWEET POTATO RECIPES

Pumpkin seems to be the ingredient of choice during Fall. However, there's another Fall staple being cooked up constantly in my home during the season - sweet potatoes.

I loooooove sweet potatoes, I'm seriously addicted. Canned, frozen or fresh, these little suckers can be a great post workout snack, comfort food or main attraction to any meal.  

When cooking, I tend to use leftovers and try to "Iron Chef" it.  Eggs, meat, and of course, sweet potatoes are a staple in my pantry and I've made several tasty & inexpensive dishes that the entire family enjoys and my wallet loves. 
 
Start the morning with a Meat & Egg Stuffed Sweet Potato


IMG_5913
Pictured with omelette strips, roast beef & hot sauce

 

 or Sweet Potato & Onion Tortilla Espanola which can be pre-made and heated up in the mornings with a side of bacon...mmmm...bacon!
Tortilla Patata
 
 
 
 
For a Mid-day snack, or just because you need a hug, have a big warm bowl of Sweet Potato & Bacon Soup
IMG_5993
 
 
(or stuff it with any leftovers you have handy...even stew...mmmmm)
IMG_5794
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...