NUMMY FOR MY TUMMY: LAVA MUG CAKE

9/19/13

LAVA MUG CAKE

While on vacation on Oahu I made a commitment to myself that I would cook at least 90% of my meals. Luckily the Ko Olina resort we stayed at had a full blown kitchen and multiple markets around the corner. Seriously, those are the things people need to look for during a vacation.

Anyway, mug cakes kinda became my "go-to" food before heading out for the day (or night).  The Fruity Mac Layer Mug Cake was my morning treat and this Lava Mug Cake was my nightly dessert.

I know now everyone is a fan of microwaving food, but when it comes to time management I gotta tell ya - I LOVE IT!  I don't microwave food often and there are worse things I could do so don't judge me. Incase you're not into the microwaving thing, yes you can bake it, but it doesn't come out the same.


Gluten-Free & PALEO Lava Mug Cake

INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 Tbsp coconut flour
  • 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 2 tsp raw honey
  • 1/3c. coconut milk
  • 1 Egg
  • 3 oz dark chocolate


INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. In a 6-8oz microwave safe mug, mix first 6 ingredients (everything, but chocolate) until smooth
  2. Push 1oz. chocolate towards the bottom of the mug
  3. Place the remaining 2oz. chocolate in the center of the batter
  4. Microwave for 2 minutes
  5. Remove from microwave and flip onto a plate
  6. EAT while still warm

This recipe is linked to Gluten Free Wednesday and  Allergy Free Wednesday




           
          Sign-Up for monthly newsletters 
         and receive my FREE eBook

6 comments:

  1. That sounds delish. I've never seen coconut flour I'll have to look for it. I've used the gluten free flour that's out in the markets...King Arther makes it I think. It's pretty good for most things. Sugar cookies don't work though...too gritty or sandy tasting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can find coconut flour at Sprouts, Whole Foods and even Amazon. Be warned, it suuuucks up moisture, so you can't use it like regular flour, but you can use a lot less.

      Delete
  2. OK, this is a hit with my hubby. He has been on a sweet rampage and finally I was able to get him something without completely blowing the Paleo thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! This was my sneaky Paleo dessert while on vacation. My daughter wanted a treat and I only had a few mug cake ingredients. I think the general rule is if it's chocolate you can't go wrong ;)

      Delete
  3. i don't use microwaves.
    can this be baked with the same results? if so, what temperature and for how long?
    -zosia

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is definitely my kind of mug cake! Thanks so much for sharing on Gluten-Free Wednesdays! :-)

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...