NUMMY FOR MY TUMMY: MORNING MOCHA MUG CAKE

4/14/13

MORNING MOCHA MUG CAKE

I think I'm going to test out if a person can live on mug cakes alone. 

Microwaved food is definitely frowned upon, but for the sheer sake of time management I often find it's the best option for me.

Combined a few of my favorite things in this recipe; coffee, cocoa, minimal dishwashing and laziness. How lazy? Well, I'm already done talking about it ;)
 

Gluten-Free Coffee Flavored Mug Cake


INGREDIENTS:
 
  • 2 Tbsp coconut flour
  • 1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
  • pinch of salt (approx 1/8 tsp)
  • 2 Tbsp raw honey
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 c espresso or strong coffee (prepared...not grinds)
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tbsp coconut milk


INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. In an 8-12 oz. mug,  combine coconut flour, salt and cocoa powder, mix with a fork
  2. Add the honey, vanilla extract, espresso, eggs, coconut milk and stir until smooth
  3. Place in microwave and cook on medium-high heat for 2 minutes
  4. Remove and allow to cool for a few minutes
  5. EAT UP!





9 comments:

  1. I do not drink coffee...you could just use coconut milk? And I hate just using egg whites. why not 2 whole eggs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could use coconut milk, but then it's not mocha. Add more cocoa if you want chocolate. I like egg whites only for this one because the texture wasn't as dense. Plus I needed to make mayo and used the yolks for that. 😄

    ReplyDelete
  3. nom nom nom ... looks like dessert ... I'm IN! Am I allowed to put ICE CREAM on top?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy moly! YUMMMMM! I would totally put paleo ice cream on top!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo tempted to buy Paleo(ish) ice cream now. Hmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used almond milk because that is what I had on hand. Used only one whole egg, 1 T oil and 1/2 banana. Came out great. Plus I made it the night before because I was just experimenting. Was still great the next morning. Mug Cakes!!! Great idea. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. do you use 2 egg whites or 2 full eggs? im using eggbeaters and was wondering whether to use 1/4 or 1/2cup. thanks!

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...