NUMMY FOR MY TUMMY: GRAIN-FREE CINNAMON GRANOLA

2/26/13

GRAIN-FREE CINNAMON GRANOLA




Store bought granola is not only expensive, but covered in stuff you might not want; gluten, refined sugar...M&M's? Of course you want M&M's!

Homemade granola is incredibly easy to make and not at all labor intensive. 

Make a huge batch of this stuff for snacks, or my favorite, cereal.  A bowl of grain-free granola and almond milk will really satisfy you in the morning, much more then any cereal ever will.  


Gluten-Free Granola


INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 cup sliced raw unsalted almonds 
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
  • 1/2 cup maple syrup - grade b
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt


Grain-free granola

INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. Pre-heat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

  2. In medium glass bowl mix together all the nuts.

  3. Add maple syrup and stir until nuts are coated; add cinnamon and blend until everything is coated.

  4. Spread mix onto baking sheet and sprinkle with sea salt.

  5. Bake for 15 minutes; using a metal spatula move the mixture around so it does not burn, cook another 5 minutes or until coconut is brown.

  6. Remove from oven and allow to cool before eating.


COMMENTS:  You can substitute with any type of nut you like, the key is to make sure it's chopped and not bulky.

9 comments:

  1. This is YUMMY! Both my husband and I love it. Thank you. I used almonds, pecans and macadamia nuts. Great for parfaits.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So glad you both enjoyed it.
    I sprinkled it on my apple slaw last night for dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  3. […] the recipe for the homerun granola I made for the family: CINNAMON GRANOLA | LIVING A GLUTEN-FREE & (Mostly) PALEO LIFE This morning, inspired by MasterChef, I made some Eggs Stacy. (We were out of spinach, and used […]

    ReplyDelete
  4. How can I make this into a bar?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would use raw honey rather than maple syrup. Line a pan with parchment paper and press it all together. Use a butter knife to make cuts in it before baking so it doesn't crack later. I'm gonna have to try that out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for replying so quickly. Unfortunately, I 'm allergic to raw honey. Any other suggestions?
    We love this recipe. I'm so glad I found it. I'm trying to make it into a bar for traveling. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't want to change the flavour either (as we love it so much)..just bind it together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I had a firm answer for you.
    So I'd start with a bit more syrup and pressing it all together, cutting it prior to baking.
    Now I have a project for the weekend.
    Please let me know what works. Ill post my findings and let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How many ounces does a batch of this make?

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...